Frequently Asked Questions
- My Order Status is "Processing." What does "Processing" mean?
Processing: We have received your order and it is processing through our system. This process involves approving the charges to your credit card, packing the item in our warehouse and ticketing the package for shipment or sending the order to the Manufacturer for Drop Shipment. Processing generally completes in 1 Business Day.
- Can I Request Expedited Shipping on Drop-shipped Items (Items that aren't listed as 'In Stock')?
Expedited shipping is not available. Most drop-shipped merchandise is shipped via carrier, which means that tracking information is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience. Large and bulky delayed shipped merchandise is shipped via a freight line.
- When will I receive a Tracking Number?
All online orders that include a valid e-mail address will be sent an order acknowledgement. When the order is shipped from our warehouse or from the Manufacturer's Facility* (*Drop-Shipped Items not listed as 1 week or less lead time) you will receive a shipping confirmation via email to inform you of your order status. Your shipping confirmation will include ship date, carrier and tracking number if applicable. Please allow up to 24 hours after shipment for your tracking number to be activated. Tracking numbers on packages shipped via Priority Mail may take 1-2 business days from the date the package was shipped before they are activated. Standard delivery time for most orders is 3-10 business days.
Unfortunately, your Shipping Notification Email will not reflect shipping information on drop-shipped merchandise. Drop-shipped merchandise is shipped directly from the vendor and tracking information is sometimes unavailable due to bulky items.
- I need to Return an Item(s)...
We'll pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
For unaltered (new, undamaged) items, we’ll pay the return shipping and give you a full refund if we’re contacted within 15 days of your receipt of the product.
You can return unaltered “in stock” items for 60 days and we’ll pay the return shipping. An “In Stock” item will display an “Availability or Estimated Lead Time” (displayed above the “Add to cart” button) of 1 week or less.
You can return unaltered “dropship” items for 60 days for a 40% restocking fee. The customer will be expected to pay the return shipping. A “dropship” item will display an “Availability or Estimated Lead Time” (displayed above the “Add to cart” button) of more than 1 week.
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received the returned item and make sure it’s unaltered.
Items may not be returned that have been altered or tampered with.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and Whelen products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
For delivery times, please view the “Availability” section above the “Add to Cart” button to see when your item(s) are estimated to arrive.
To view your shipping charges, please add the item(s) to the cart.
Orders can be made via credit card from anywhere in the World at www.fleetsafety.com
- Why do Some Items Require Two or More Weeks for Delivery?
Some items are shipped directly from the manufacturer to your address. Extra delivery time is needed for the vendor to receive your order and process it. Also shipping on Bulky items may be via a freight line which requires additional delivery time. Tracking information is sometimes unavailable for bulky items because they are shipped via freight line.^ BACK TO TOP ^
- How long will my item take via UPS Shipping? UPS can Estimate your arrival without a tracking number.
To calculate the delivery time for any shipment going anywhere served by UPS, go to Calculate Time and Cost, located on the Shipping tab of ups.com. Follow the directions, noting the required fields (required fields are indicated with ).
You can view the transit times for UPS ground shipping here: UPS MAPS SERVICE
Additionally, you can use the shipping time calculator tool available from UPS here: UPS SHIPPING TIME CALCULATOR
- Law Enforcement Funding
In light of recent economic conditions, Fleet Safety Equipment recognizes the financial limitations placed on law enforcement agencies. To help, here is an assembled a list of agencies that provide grants and funding to law enforcement. With the help of these agencies, We hope to make our products more easily available.^ BACK TO TOP ^
- Bureau of Justice Assistance - http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/BJA/
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance - https://www.cfda.gov/
- Cops Office: Grants and Resources for Community Policing - http://www.cops.usdoj.gov/
- Department of Homeland Security Grants - http://www.dhs.gov/xopnbiz/grants/index.shtm
- Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement Grant Info - http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/Grants/Grants-Home.aspx
- Government Employee Portal - http://www.usa.gov/Government/Government-Gateway.shtml
- Grants.gov - http://www.grants.gov/
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service - https://www.ncjrs.gov/fedgrant.html
- Office of Justice Department Programs - http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/
- U.S. Fire Administration Grants and Funding - http://www.usfa.fema.gov/fireservice/grants/
Fleet Safety Equipment, Inc. shares no affiliation with any Web site listed above. Fleet Safety Equipment, Inc. does not endorse any business, product, or service that may be mentioned on any Web site listed above.
- Important Information for Government Purchase Orders
Government Purchase Orders: We need to have accurate billing and shipping information, complete contact information and a filled out purchase order listing all items emailed or called in 800-847-8762 with your official signed entity letterhead.
- ^ BACK TO TOP ^
- For More Information